Signup to our newsletter
Receive regular updates and special offers from the Classic Escapes team.
Benguerra Island Lodge
Benguerra Island Lodge, located on Benguerra Island in the Bazaruto Archipelago off the coast of Mozambique, opened its doors in June 2015. This is a wonderful new addition to the &Beyond portfolio and all guests will enjoy the special service, warm hospiltality and guest delights that make this a world class destination.
We are delighted to offer several special offers for 2015 and 2016. Daily access from Johannesburg or bi-weekly from the Kruger region, one can easily escape to the warm waters of Mozambique in no time at all. Take time to explore the island, dive the reefs, walk forever on the pristine beach or sip cocktails while dhows sail past - we know you will not be disappointed.
Another iconic African destination, Kenya also has an exciting new lodge in one of the most sought-after safari experiences.
'A place between heaven and earth' this new lodge set high above Kenya's Masai Mara. The Swahili word 'angama', meaning 'hanging or suspended in mid air', inspired the name for the lodge.
And for good reason, as each tented suite and guest area hangs on the edge of the Rift Valley, with dramatic 180-degree views of the Mara below.
It's one of the most famous game reserves in the world, for its extraordinary viewing of all Africa's great mammals as well as The Great Migration from July to October each year.
Indian Ocean Paradise Escape
Benguerra Island Lodge is stylish and elegant however has kept the charm of its Portugese heritage and offers pristine beaches and unspoiled coral reefs teeming with marine life in a protected marine conservation area.
The accommodation ranges from Cabana and Casinha suites to their 3 bedroom Casa Familia villa which is perfect for families or friends travelling together.
This is a very special destination and we are delighted to offer you the following for 2015 and 2016:
The standard rates range from $585.00 - $800.00 per person per night in the Cabana and Casinha suites on a fully inclusive basis.
- This is your chance to take that well-deserved vacation: when staying for 6 nights or longer, receive 30% off your rate and enjoy a saving of $1,053.00 - $1,440.00 per person
- Just when you thought you weren't getting any more wedding presents...Newlyweds save $292.50 - $400.00 per night with the special honeymoon offer that includes a 50% discount in the rate for the bride.
- Terms and conditions apply on all rates and specials
The standard rates range from $765.00 - $880.00 per person per night in the Cabana and Casinha suites on a fully inclusive basis.
- Fly high with this deal by booking 4 nights at Benguerra Island Lodge you'll receive complimentary flights from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport as well as return flights to O.R. Tambo International Airport, plus a return helicopter transfer from Vilanculos to Benguerra Island (excludes airport taxes and subject to fare class availability)
- The gift that keeps on giving: newlyweds are given special treatment at this lodge: save $382.50 - $440.00 per night with the special honeymoon offer that includes a 50% discount in the rate for the bride.
- Terms and conditions apply on all rates and specials
- Three meals daily
- Soft drinks, house wines
- Local brand spirits and beers
- Teas and coffees
- Activities included:
- One per day: sea kayaking, sunset dhow cruise and scheduled snorkelling trip.
- One per stay: castaway picnic, island expedition and local village tour.
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Transfers to and from the lodge airstrip
Set high above Kenya’s Maasai Mara
"This is a place where everything is just as it ought to be. The sky melts into the endless plains in a vista so wide, it takes your breath away. It is a place of ever changing light, and where eagles glide by on a quest to only they know where."
Bordered by Tanzania's Serengeti National Park to the South, and the Siria Escarpment to the West expect an abundance of Africa's great game roaming over seemingly endless grasslands.
The Mara forms the northernmost limit of the great Serengeti-Mara Ecosystem covering over 25,000 square kilometres (15,500 square miles).
The lodge is situated in The Mara Triangle-the most beautiful and least visited part of the reserve. Expect the classic safari at Angama Mara: romance, canvas, just the right amount of everything, an elegant simplicity and the desire to always be authentic.
Caroline reccommends a four-night stay. Privacy and relaxation are tantamount here, buffered by warm, hospitable Kenyan service. It's a place where guests wake up each day and decide what they want to do. And the team makes it happen.
The first glimpse as guests come into land at the lodge's private airfield is: sweeping canvas fly-sheets tucked into the forest and hanging on to the very edge of the Great Rift Valley.
It's just a short fiveminute drive to the main lodge from the airfield (or a 15-minute stroll). From here guests are taken to their luxurious and comfortable tents.
As the experience is dictated by the guest at Angama: the camp manager will be on-hand to chat about how the guests may like to tailor their stay.
After settling into the elegant accommodation lunch is served on the deck of the guest area after which guests can head off down the lodge's private track into the Mara Triangle. This allows enough time for guests get back to the lodge for the spectacular sunset enjoyed with pre-dinner cocktails.
Dinner is an elegant affair: think, candles, starched linen, gracious service and delicious safari food.
And that's just the first day... Some of the other things to look forward to are:
- Watching the sun rising at the foot of your bed while the hot-air balloons float gently by.
- Early morning game drives with a safari breakfast.
- Catch-up time with a great book at the pool or on the red rocking chairs on the guest tent decks. There is a selection of great reading and browsing in every tent, including of course Karen Blixen's Out of Africa.
- A romantic picnic tea for two laid out for you on a nearby kopjie.
- Enjoying a Dawa (classical East African mojito) in the Boma as yuo watch the sun dip on the vast plains.
- Angama Mara's signature bush BBQ.
- Thinking about those hot air balloons you saw drifting past? When you decide to go a butler will gently wakes you with steaming coffee, orange juice and something delicious freshly baked for a very early departure for a sunrise hot-balloon flight journeying over the Mara plains, followed by a champagne breakfast in the heart of the reserve.
- Relax with a massage on the deck of your tent, in the revitilasing African air.
- Visit a local Maasai manyatta and learn more about this fascinating and colourful culture and on the way see what projects the Angama Foundation is busy with.
- Take a long walk along the Oloololo Escarpment with a Maasai askari.
- Watch the moon rise over the Maasai Mara whilst enjoying a private in-room dinner on the deck.
- How does a double-picnic safari down to the Tanzanian border sound? Both breakfast and lunch will be enjoyed in the middle of nowhere.
- And there's always time for a a classic safari tea, which includes scones, fruitcake and cucumber sandwiches.